Corporate and social responsibility
We acknowledge our responsibility towards our people, our business and the environment. Here are just some of our positive approaches to corporate and social responsibility:
- Making sure all Central-auto staff have access to the best training and opportunities – we have a very high staff retention rate.
- Initial training and annual assessments for all delivery drivers, in terms of road safety and awareness and efficient driving. All our drivers are offered incentives to keep our CO2 emissions down, and we regularly update our delivery fleet with fuel-efficient models. We achieve over 60mpg on average across the fleet.
- Vehicle tracking, to help us monitor our collective mileage and improve delivery times.
- Recycling all of our cardboard, and safely disposing of customers’ old car batteries when they buy replacements from us.
- Excellent Health & Safety procedures across all aspects of our business.
- Monitoring the road miles of our suppliers – regionally, nationally and internationally. If there are more environmentally-friendly ways to make sure we always have parts available for you, we’ll implement them.